Department N - Small Animal and FowlPlease check categories carefully before filling out an exhibit entry form!
Educational booths will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Groups should complete an online Official Entry Form or download the pdf entry form (available during season) to print & submit. To check the status of booth availability, contact the Fair at 336-755-3100
DEPARTMENT N RULES
- All poultry exhibited at the Fair must have been in possession of the exhibitor for 60 days or more prior to the date of the Fair
- Exhibitor will be required to fill out the official entry form (online).
- All poultry must originate from US Pullorum-typhoid Clean or equivalent flocks or have had a negative Pullorum-typhoid test within 90 days of admission to the Fair, or the test requirement may be satisfied by a negative test conducted by an official state tester at the time the birds are brought to the Fair.
- No poultry shall have received a live virus vaccine within 30 days prior to entering the Fair.
- All birds must be identified with tamper-proof bands. Bands placed on birds tested at the Fairgrounds by State testers will satisfy this requirement.
- Poultry entered at the Fair are subject to examination (including blood test and swabs) by a representative of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture. Birds will not be accepted if they are infected with, or show any clinical signs of, an infectious or communicable disease, or are infested with lice and/or mites.
- Small animals and fowl will be cared for and fed by the Fair Management.
NOTE: One Best in Show Ribbon will be awarded for Youth and Adult Categories.
Exhibitors should bring Small Animals & Fowl on Wednesday, September 6th for check in
starting at noon until 6:00 pm or until cages are full.
Pick up animals: Exhibitors should pick up small animals & fowl on Tuesday, September 12th between 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm or Wednesday, September 13th between 12:00 noon - 5:00 pm.